Banks, insurers and investors have a key role to play in financing the transition to a sustainable blue economy, helping to rebuild ocean prosperity and restore marine biodiversity. Through their lending, underwriting and investment activities, as well as their client relationships, financial institutions have a major impact on ocean health and hold the power to accelerate and mainstream the sustainable transition of ocean-linked industries.
This webinar will present Diving Deep: Finance, Ocean Pollution & Coastal Resilience, a new practical toolkit for financial institutions to pivot their activities towards financing a sustainable blue economy in two key ocean sectors: coastal infrastructure and resilience, and waste prevention and management including plastic. This new report outlines strategies to avoid and mitigate environmental and social risks and impacts, as well as make the most of opportunities, when providing capital to companies or projects within the blue economy.
Finance leaders will bring insights and explain how this new guidance will help them align their business with SDG14: life below water.
- Dennis Fritsch, Project Coordinator Sustainable Blue Economy, UNEP FI
- Klaas de Vos, Consultant, Ocean Fox Advisory
- Paula Chin, Sustainable Materials Specialist, World Wildlife Fund
- Cristina Mittermeier, Co-founder of SeaLegacy and OnlyOne
- Alpa Bhattacharjee, Head of Corporate Sustainability at HSBC Australia
- Melissa Walsh, Program Manager, Ocean Finance Initiative at Asian Development Bank