UNEP FI is pleased to announce the upcoming presentation and launch of its Positive Impact Initiative in Amsterdam, the Netherlands, on 23rd November 2017, which will be hosted by Dutch Central Bank De Nederlandsche Bank (DNB), in partnership with the Dutch members of the Positive Impact Initiative: ABN AMRO, ING Bank and Triodos Bank.
With the participation of Frank Elderson, Executive Director, DNB, and high-level representatives from the financial sector, the event will gather approximately 100 participants including commercial banks, investors, insurers, corporations, rating agencies, analysts, auditors and public sector representatives from central and municipal governments, as well as development banks.
The following topics will be discussed:
- The funding gap to achieve SDGs and the sustainable development agenda: what kind of innovation do we need?
- Impact: the basis for a new asset class?
- The Positive Impact initiative, including the Principles for Positive Impact Finance.
- The role of Dutch financial institutions, companies and public entities in the Netherlands and abroad.
Confirmed speakers include:
- Carola van Rijnsoever, Director Inclusive Green Growth, Ambassador Sustainable Development, Ministry of Foreign Affairs of The Netherlands
- Denis Childs, Head of Environmental and Social Advisory and Positive Impact Finance, Société Générale
- Eveline Jonkhoff, Strategic Advisor, Sustainability Strategy & Circular Economy, City of Amsterdam
- Frank Elderson, Executive Director, DNB
- Hans-Ulrich Beck, Executive Vice President, Product Strategy and Development, Sustainalytics
- Hugo von Meijenfeldt, Coordinator Implementation SDGs, Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Netherlands Amsterdam municipality
- James Vaccaro, Head of Corporate Strategy, Triodos
- Jan Raes, Sustainability Advisor, ABN AMRO
- Leonie Schreve, Managing Director – Global Head Sustainable Finance, ING
- Maryse Hazelzet, Sustainability and CSR Advisor, Dutch Banking Association (NVB)
- Piet Klop, Senior Advisor Responsible Investment, PGGM Investments
- Sandrine Enguehard, Head of Cross-product Green/PI Structuring, Société Générale Corporate and Investment Banking
Our keynote speakers spoke the following words at the Launch in Amsterdam:
Frank Elderson, Executive Director at DNB: “The transition to a new, ambitious paradigm is required: a finance framework that contributes holistically to the three pillars of sustainability.”
Mr Elderson’s complete message can be read here.
Hugo von Meijenfeldt, Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Netherlands: “The 17 SDGs are indivisible and mutually support each other at the Launch of Positive Impact Finance Initiative in the Netherlands.”
Carola van Rijnsoever, Ambassador Sustainable Development, Ministry of Foreign Affairs of The Netherlands: “Launching the Positive Impact Finance Initiative in the Netherlands is no coincidence. This is where we are bold to blend effort, technology and finance.” and “The Positive Impact Finance Principles are an imperative in the transition towards a new financing paradigm.”
Other key messages of speakers during the panels at the event can be viewed below:
Leonie Shreve,Managing Director, Global Head Sustainable Finance, ING: “The SDGs are a common framework to embrace sustainability. The Initiative helps us make it tangible.”
Hans-Ulrich Beck,Executive Vice President, Product Strategy and Development, Sustainalytics: “The Positive Impact Principles can help with both the sustainability and credibility of finance products.”
Denis Childs, Head of Environmental and Social Advisory and Positive Impact Finance, Société Générale: “The new economy will be impact oriented and banks must be part of this new economy and not only there to finance it.”
Eveline Jonkoff, City of Amsterdam: “We need to link SDGs to cities and scale Government engagement with the private and finance sector in the transition to a new economy.”
To learn more about UNEP FI’s Positive Impact Initiative, please visit the webpage here or contact email@example.com.
Follow Positive Impact events and latest news on UNEP FI’s social media accounts:
Twitter | LinkedIn | YouTube | Facebook