The UNEP FI Guide to Banking & Sustainability provides a clause-by-clause explanation of the UNEP Statement of Commitment by Financial Institutions on Sustainable Development, seeking both to shed further light on the meaning of individual clauses, and to provide guidance on how banking institutions might seek to apply them in their day-to-day operations. The Guide further provides illustrations of current practice within UNEP FI Signatory banks, and references to key resources.
Would you like this Guide in another language? Would you be interested in arranging the translation? Please get in touch with the Secretariat at banking[at]unepfi.org.
Conditions of translation:
- The Secretariat must be advised of any organisations translating the Guide
- Translations must follow the format of the original Guide, which will be provided by the Secretariat
- Translations of the Guide will be made publicly available
- Electronic copies of the translated Guide are to be made publicly available from the UNEP FI website
- Translations must be shared with the Secretariat prior to being made publicly available
- Acknowledgement of the entity arranging translation will appear on page 3 (inner cover) as follows:
“The translation of this Guide into (insert language) was funded by (insert organisation name & logo)”
Published: 2011 | by: UNEP FI
UNEP FI Guide to Banking & Sustainability (3.7 MB | 40 pages)