Raiffeisen Bank International AG (RBI) is a leading corporate and investment bank in Austria, as well as Central and Eastern Europe (CEE) as its home market. 14 markets of the region are covered by subsidiary banks. Additionally, the Group comprises numerous other financial service providers, for instance in the fields of leasing, asset management, as well as M&A.
In total, nearly 50,000 employees service 16.5 million customers through more than 2,400 business outlets, thereof a majority in CEE. Since 2005, RBI’s shares have been listed on the Vienna Stock Exchange.
After the merger of RBI and its former majority owner Raiffeisen Zentralbank Österreich AG (RZB) in March 2017, the combined institute operates – as previously RBI – under the name Raiffeisen Bank International AG. RBI took over all rights, obligations and duties of the transferring company RZB.
RBI is Austria’s second-largest bank and one of the country’s leading commercial and investment banks, its balance sheet total amounts to € 135,15 billion (as per 31 Decemberr 2017). The Regional Raiffeisen Banks hold approximately 58.8 per cent of the shares of RBI, the remainder of around 41.2 per cent is free-float.
One of the largest banking groups in CEE
RBI was already active in CEE even before the process of political transition started in the region and the “Iron Curtain” fell: already back in 1986, its first CEE subsidiary bank was founded in Hungary. Therefore, the bank looks back on 30 years of experience in the region’s banking business.
Niche player on the international markets
To support its business activities RBI operates representative offices as well as service branches at selected Asian and Western European locations.